Movandi has announced samples of the MV6055 chipset for various 60 GHz mmWave market applications, which covers the entire unlicensed band between 57–71 GHz. The MV6055 integrates a dual-polarized, 16-channel beamformer with up and down converters in a single package and is paired with the MV3504 synthesizer and antennas to form a full radio system. The modular and scalable architecture allows for multiple MV6055 beamformers to be combined to achieve higher Effective Isotropic Radiated Power (EIRP) to cover line-of-sight distances up to 2 km.
The MV6055 is designed to unlock the potential of 60 GHz unlicensed band for wireless backhaul, 5G NR-U, Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) and Wi-Fi at 60 GHz (WiGig) applications. The 60 GHz mmWave chipset will enable operators to deliver “fiber-like speeds” at a fraction of the cost of deploying new fiber. The MV6055 joins the Movandi family of chipsets supporting all major licensed and unlicensed mmWave frequency bands.
“As a 5G mmWave pioneer, Movandi has invested heavily in 60 GHz R&D to enable distributed wireless mesh networking,” said Maryam Rofougaran, CEO and founder of Movandi. “The introduction of our 60 GHz chipset that fully supports all licensed and unlicensed mmWave frequency bands is a game-changer — and further advances our efforts to empower 5G operators with a cost-effective way to deliver fiber-like speeds in rural, suburban and dense urban communities.”
Key features include:
- Covers the entire 57-71 GHz band including high channels with lower oxygen absorption rate;
- Supports dual polarization/dual stream in a single chip;
- Fully integrated, 16 T/R front-ends, and dual polarized up/down converters in a single chip;
- High Power Amplifier output enabling increased EIRP even for higher order modulation signals;
- Excellent phase noise when paired with MV3504 synthesizer, exceeding requirements for 64QAM+;
- Supports external LO for phase synchronization across multiple MV6055s in a tiled architecture;
- Excellent EVM floor of <-30 dB across the entire band of 57-71 GHz;
- Compliant with 802.11ad/ay, Point-to-Point FDD